View Single Post
Old 10-29-2018, 02:26 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
LadyBug66

need marital advise and to vent

I first want to say that I am sober a little over 10 months. My husband still drinks daily, mostly beer but I just found a bottle of whisky tucked away in the refrigerator. In the last month or so he has been out of character... very nice and strange acting. I know that sounds weird but he is not acting normal. He is being super nice and buying me things. His bathroom is right by the laundry room and yesterday I was going to start a load of laundry and I heard his shower going and the music was going extremely loud so I thought that I would wait on starting the laundry so he would have plenty of hot water.... then I heard him talking and I'm thinking that he couldn't be talking on the phone with the shower going and the music playing so loud ... I listened and he was talking to someone. I couldn't make out what he was saying so I just went on into the kitchen and a few moments later he came out of the bathroom completely dry. I have heard him do this before and just thought maybe he was singing to the music but looking back I see that he was talking on the phone and making it so I couldn't hear what he was doing. We don't have the best relationship to begin with but this is really bothering me and I know if I ask him about it he will just lie. It seems to be his first instinct when talking to me is to lie or make up stories even about the most stupid things. So I know if I want to know the truth I will have to spy on him... He smells like beer everyday and now he has started drinking whisky and acting weird. Whatever he's doing he will say it's my fault. It's funny when I stopped drinking I had to analyze what my triggers to drink were and I realized one of the biggest ones were him. I'm in a weird place emotionally now and this is the only place I feel safe to talk about it. I have a very public career and I keep my personal life as private as possible. This is all. I guess I will try and figure out what he's up to and not drink.