View Single Post
Old 10-29-2018, 05:32 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
dpac414

Welcome!

I’m a huge advocate for changing your schedule to do other activities during times when you would drink. Takes your mind away from it for awhile and if it’s something like exercise that exhausts you, usually you just wanna go to bed when home. I think that’s a good part of a sobriety plan.

Also as many have said here, stay away from alcohol in early sobriety or be straightforward with your friends that you are not drinking. Usually good friends won’t be dicks about it and if not, then maybe it’s time to find new friends.

The above advice about remembering how horrible it feels to drink/be hungover is good. I also am hit with thoughts that I can potentially moderate my drinking. When this happens I always try to remember how the AV doesn’t want just one or two drinks and it’ll scream all night if you try that. Wrestling with that horrible itch of needing more after I’ve had one is as exhausting and awful as being hungover the next day so I just don’t even try it anymore. Waking up refreshed the next day is one of the best rewards.

I wish you the best! Keep coming here and reading and posting. Especially if you have cravings. Good luck!!