View Single Post
Old 10-27-2018, 09:23 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Alice9

Originally Posted by zoobadger View Post
It sounds like you're suffering from PAWS - Post Acute Withdrawal Syndrome.

(Google the topic - the forum won't let me post a link).

In my case I suffered from disturbed sleep, anxiety, and other tribulations for several weeks after detoxing. I detoxed under medical supervision in an in-patient facility for 10 days and then immediately transitioned into a five day a week intensive outpatient program. Knowing that my symptoms were typical - indeed, comparatively mild - reassured me that I was OK in spite of my physical and emotional symptoms.

I'd recommend that you look into joining an out-patient program. I found daily group therapy sessions invaluable and continue to benefit from tools and techniques the counselors shared with us.

I was fortunate that my insurance includes unusually generous coverage for substance abuse, but nearly all health coverage does include at least a few weeks of coverage for daily therapy.
thanks, i dont have the time to step out of life for a bit....also where i live there is nothing like that close.
yeah i agree it could be paws and maybe low blood sugar as my body would of had at the very least 12 bottles of wine since ive stopped (i was abit of a make the most of it too...drinking on empty stomach and as quick as possible)....so no doubt my whole insides are like wtf???? Im not a sweats eater, my desert was always in a bottle. I might test for hypoglycemia...the symptoms are sounding relevant. Thank you for touching base. I will (have too) get there!