Old 10-27-2018, 03:25 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Michelle4110

How should you cut off ties with an addict?

I’ve posted here a few times now regarding my boyfriend who is addicted to drugs. He’s been acting really reckless lately and causing a lot of emotional pain for me and his mom.

He disappears for weeks at a time and doesn’t tell me where he goes. When I ask he says what’s it matter? And then continues on with his ways like nothing he does affects other people. I’m 21 weeks pregnant with his son. I cry all the time because of the way he does me. I admit,we have had some explosive fights because of his actions and he holds every single word I’ve said out of anger,against me.

He brings it up every time I disagree with what he does. I’m not allowed to bring up the fact that he leaves for weeks at a time. “Oh you’re gonna bring THAT up,that’s in the past” but he’s allowed to talk about the times he sends me over the edge and I say hurtful things. It’s so frustrating. I made arrangements to send him to a rehab facility after he decided to go. He left not even 24 hours later.

I am emotionally tired. I love him and want him to be better,but at this point he makes so many excuses up. I can’t have an intimate relationship with him because he shoots up drugs and I’m afraid of catching a disease from him. I can’t get through to him at all. And when I finally decide to move on he messages me telling me he needs me and that he wants to come home and he will try fixing things. It’s just so frustrating.

How do I leave and move forward?