Old 10-24-2018, 10:07 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Wholesome

Originally Posted by Rayzorst77 View Post
Hi D
I'm still having the craving to go get drunk but I am experienced enough now to know that it will fade.
I was drunk when i initially decided enough was enough. I went 2 years without any problem. I am worried now that my determination is eroded. That devil in my head is content at the moment. I will fight it head on with a trip to the shops and a walk down the booze aisle. It's very satisfying to have that urge and not to act on it. Particularly if it's strong in my mind. A show of strength like that that has helped me a lot previously. Im annoyed at the slip but i am going to go straight back to it.
I will build myself up to it of coarse. And my reward will be satisfaction. Satisfaction that I can and will live my life.
I'm not going to say live my life alcohol free. That's not life. Alcohol has no place in my life.

I'm going to live my life.
Do you know about AVRT? I would recommend you learning about it. It's a simple technique where you learn to recognize and then dissociate from those thoughts.

There is lots of information about it here on SR in the secular connections and permanent abstinence subforums.

Here's one of my favorites.

https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...ined-long.html (AVRT Explained (long))

Sorry to hear that you started up again. That sucks. But learn from it and use it to strengthen your resolve to never touch it again.