View Single Post
Old 10-24-2018, 06:07 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  
hopeful4

I am just going to say here that I see MANY people in the addiction forums who stay sober, for their children. They seem to be hanging on by a thread, but they do it. Because they have no other alternative and they know if they screw this up, they lose the child. I am not saying this to be cavalier about it, but you seem to want to skate over that you have "had some relapses."

So let me ask you this, what happens when you relapse, even one time, and the child is there and you put him in danger?? I am not being smart about it, I am asking a genuine question. Children need a stable parent 100% of the time.

It seems to me your husband has likely been done for a very long time. For whatever reason. Now it really is time to move forward and see that your common link is your child. If you put the best interests of that child in front of all of your own issues, you will do the right thing.

I feel empathy for the people suffering with addiction. However, I also see that those same folks chose to have children, which makes the wellbeing of that child #1.

Just my thoughts. I say this all kindly b/c I know it's hurtful and I am truly trying to understand.

Originally Posted by Babescake View Post
I I am trying to fight for my child.

And now I'm just fighting to put his little head down on his pillow, which can be taken away quickly. It is pure heartbreak.

If you are going to divorce her, do it.

Yes, I know this all isn't about me. But sometimes I feel the threads on here forget there is a HUMAN, a ME behind it all.