View Single Post
Old 10-23-2018, 10:02 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
trailmix

Originally Posted by Babescake View Post
Yes, I know this all isn't about me. But sometimes I feel the threads on here forget there is a HUMAN, a ME behind it all.
I don't agree with that. I don't think anyone ever loses sight of the people involved here, alcoholics and non-alcoholics alike, or at least it happens rarely.

As has been mentioned before, this is the forum for Family and Friends, what you are going to read here is their hurt, their confusion and their pain and their willingness to try to understand.

You have to respect that.

You don't see F&F of alcoholics storming in to the Newcomers threads or Alcoholics threads demanding to know why they all drink and why they left home for a week on a bender and took the rent money with them. You don't see that because it is disrespectful and mean and shows a total disregard for the pain in their posts where they are trying to get help from others that understand them.

I am sorry you find yourself in this situation but why you feel the need to keep coming in here and starting arguments with people, I have no idea. If you need to vent, do you think this is really the best place for that?

I don't want to hijack this thread so if you want to continue this conversation please feel free to PM me if you would like to.