Old 10-23-2018, 12:01 PM
  # 50 (permalink)  
Glenjo99

Originally Posted by fightingfair View Post
I'm trying although sometimes I feel like I might be talking lines where my heart isn't yet. Need to get them to match up. But I've always been a very goal-oriented person and sometimes something as simple as writing down "Don't look back" and checking it off everyday helps.

I am seeing his aunt Friday to drop off some boxes I had promised. I'm still wavering on the "tell, don't tell" but I wanted to say goodbye. I really liked her and was looking forward to getting to know her better but she is also moving soon out of my city so at least there's not that dangling bit.

"Payback for walking out" - do you think your walking out at all helped him finally get to rehab?

Yes I think it did, but my feeling is a part of him is angry at me walking out. I do wonder will he ever realise that, but have no control over that. Who knows what their brains think, he went to rehab and was really "into" it, but his refusal to apologise even in a small way when I asked him was he mad at me for walking out, said a lot! He just threw a lot of AA jargon at me about not being able to change past or future blah blah blah.