Old 10-23-2018, 08:21 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  
Glenjo99

Originally Posted by fightingfair View Post
I think I may've mentioned this before in this thread but my mom told me this is something my dad did off and on for years in their relationship when he was on a particularly bad binge. Like he was just gonna wipe the slate clean and start all over and doesn't this sound like the perfect solution? Why are you crying??

He and I had the most marvelous early morning talks about the msot wonderful and random things and I think part of me enjoying that was thinking "well, at least I know he hasn't had a drink for a few hours." (I'm a light sleeper).

Speaking of clinging to dreams, I'm glad my parents have worked things out but I know stories like theirs are rare and their bonding came from other things (loss of my older brother, my suicide attempt maybe, and the fact they are both a bit codie perhaps). I just laughed because my dad left the house (where I have been staying) to drop off a sandwich for my mom and take her for a ride so she can smoke a cigarette (verboten on her work property). I think I thought my xab and I would end up there. I was dead wrong, and I should be relieved and glad about that but so far I'm only summoning relieved and sad. And sometimes just sad, frankly.
Yes although in my case he did wipe the slate clean as they tend to do after rehab. Our deepest chats used to be early morning too. In a sense I think it was payback for my walking out on him but who knows.

Your parents story is rare but how beneficial it is to have their insights into how these relationships work out. It's plain horrible in my humble opinion to cut someone out when you were once so close. His last words to me were, "never forgotten" with a kiss after it! I'll be forever bewildered how some people are so cold/matter of fact.