Old 10-23-2018, 08:11 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  
fightingfair

Originally Posted by ;
I witnessed my ex do that many times and it's chilling. Not like as you said the deep way he used to chat.
I think I may've mentioned this before in this thread but my mom told me this is something my dad did off and on for years in their relationship when he was on a particularly bad binge. Like he was just gonna wipe the slate clean and start all over and doesn't this sound like the perfect solution? Why are you crying??

He and I had the most marvelous early morning talks about the msot wonderful and random things and I think part of me enjoying that was thinking "well, at least I know he hasn't had a drink for a few hours." (I'm a light sleeper).

Speaking of clinging to dreams, I'm glad my parents have worked things out but I know stories like theirs are rare and their bonding came from other things (loss of my older brother, my suicide attempt maybe, and the fact they are both a bit codie perhaps). I just laughed because my dad left the house (where I have been staying) to drop off a sandwich for my mom and take her for a ride so she can smoke a cigarette (verboten on her work property). I think I thought my xab and I would end up there. I was dead wrong, and I should be relieved and glad about that but so far I'm only summoning relieved and sad. And sometimes just sad, frankly.