Old 10-22-2018, 09:22 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
SeekingAdvice18
Goal #1: Day 30

Talking Day 5: Only a handful of times in 13+ yrs

Hi All,

I made it to Day 5. Woo hoo!! I know it doesn't seem like a lot but since giving up sobriety in 2005, there's only been a handful of times I made it to Day 5.

Yesterday, I almost gave in but I played the tape and chose not to buy a bottle of wine. I don't even know how I ended up on the wine aisle, staring at my favorite wine then pacing back and forth (like a weirdo! Lol) deciding if I should put it in my basket or keep walking. I guess buying wine is a habit so I need to be more on guard when grocery shopping.

Day 5 Observations:
My skin is already smoother; I've lost 5lbs; I have more energy running and am running at a faster pace; and I don't feel as bloated. I'm also not craving as much junk food as I was Day 1-Day 3 so I'm happy about that. I do have a bit of a headache but I know it'll go away soon.

Thanks to everyone for your encouragement. On to Day 6...

OH!!! I almost forgot! Tomorrow I have an interview for a job I've always wanted. I'm glad I'll be able to show up with a clear mind. I'm sure I'll make a better impression on management than if I was still drinking and feeling blah.