Old 10-21-2018, 03:22 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
dcg
D♭7♭9♯9♯11♭13

Originally Posted by Spybee007 View Post
I was doing really good going 3 months sober at a time and then slipping up and going 2 weeks, slipping up. I was sober for a good 2 months and we went to Mexico All Inclusive, that was fun but I drank and I came back and have been binge drinking 3-4 times a week for about a month now. I’m 36 about to turn 37 and I’m really ready to be done for the rest of my life. I’ve binge drank 3-4 times a week since I was 21, that’s 16 years and it scares me. Sometimes I feel like it’s too late and I’ve already punched my ticket for an early death from alcohol.

Has anyone else quit and remained healthy after drinking so long?

My biggest motivator is health and of course how motivated I am when I am sober for extended periods, I am a better person sober. Anyways I’m on day 3 now and I want to take one day at a time, but I want to look at this post a year from now and be on day 365 sober.
You're asking the wrong question. Regardless of the answer to your question, the only thing you can do to not further damage your health from alcohol is to stop drinking, so the answer doesn't matter.

A lot of people use others as a barometer for their own situation, so if someone comes in and says they drank a fifth of whiskey a day for 30 years and are 10 years clean, you may find yourself renegotiating your relationship with alcohol. You know, until you're 55 and no longer think 60 is old.