Old 10-20-2018, 04:09 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  
PhoenixJ

Hope- not tough love here, but this is definitely not the end point. You have an awareness that something is wrong. With that awareness you can change. You need a plan, support and lots more support. For me that is SR at night and AA. Plus professional support...but for daily- here and AA.
People at AA have seen it all and you will not find your story unusual. The time to go is when you feel ashamed or do not want to. It is great when we feel well and happy, or in control.
Think of it this way- do you wait until you feel better after a flu before you see a doctor? Just go- get there a little early and tell someone there you are new and nervous....works a treat.

My first meeting- I was homeless, not just hanging around the homeless. My family abandoned me when I burnt to death (revived 3 times) from a blackout and a ciggie and a fiberglass splint. I had no possessions, home, family, money and very terrible burns and pain. I was drinking 5L of cheap wine a day when I stopped (after hospital- I went back to drinking for a time).
You do not have to leave a rock bottom to that extreme. Get help- see a GP, organize a rehab- community or otherwise, go to AA, POST HERE LOTS! Join some threads.
My prayers and support to you.