Old 10-20-2018, 11:17 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Hope1989

Originally Posted by orderfororder View Post
I'm sorry to hear that you went through that and lost so many of your belongings. Hopefully replacing those items isn't too difficult.

I don't think there is any shame in being honest about what happened. That wasn't you who did those things, it was a very compromised and inebriated person. Now, you knowing that you can get like that when drinking, can feel some shame about allowing yourself to drink, sure. But don't feel shame for the drunken actions. Just use what you can to make sure you don't end up in that situation again.

A little over a year ago, I was in a similar situation. I missed the last train out of the city after a concert and stayed up all night drinking with some homeless people, ended up missing work the next day with a no call/no show because my phone was dead. Luckily I had a very understanding boss. But anyway, my point is that things like this aren't as uncommon as you think when it comes to alcoholism. There are others who have gone through experiences similar to yours, and much worse.
Thank you very much for sharing that experience. It's really comforting that someone understands the way that I am feeling. I struggle a lot with changes, and I know that to stop drinking there need to be A LOT of changes and routines. And maybe that's what scares me the most, plus being lonely.