View Single Post
Old 10-18-2018, 05:35 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
SeekingAdvice18
Goal #1: Day 30

Originally Posted by kiki26 View Post
...Something about being in a room of women (i stick to the women’s meetings currently) who understand and accept me, has been pretty life changing. I wish you the best of luck.
Thank you Kiki! I've never tried a women's only group. That sounds like a good idea for me.

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
What kinds of things have you been doing?
I signed up for the early shift at work and I started cooking new dishes and watching TV. I used to not watch TV so I figured it'd help pass the time in the evenings but it only works sometimes.

Originally Posted by doggonecarl View Post
Boredom is a state of mind. Drinking isn't an activity. But the effects of alcohol change how you feel about sitting around, doing nothing. State of mind. And you say only a relationship keeps you sober. I will take you at your word. But I think if you dated a drinker, you'd drink. Or if the relationship stressed you, you'd drink. In the long run you have to get sober for you! It's yourself you spend all your time with. Work on that relationship. Therapy might help.
Very true! I need to get sober for me.
I tend to end up dating non-drinkers (probably because I don't drink on dates or if I'm around people because I don't think about it). I tend to only drink at home if I'm alone and bored, but you're right--if my relationship stressed me out I'd probably drink, so I need to get back on the sober wagon.