Thread: Six Years Sober
View Single Post
Old 10-18-2018, 01:28 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
MythOfSisyphus

Six Years Sober

Well, I kind of goofed...after a month or so of watching my 6th sober anniversary creeping up on me I got busy and forgot. Well, nothing really Earth shaking to it. Life has settled into a nice rhythm now. No, my life isn't perfect to be sure, and I still have bad days and problems like anyone. But at least now my problems aren't all self inflicted!

Now and then I like to search my old posts back to my very first one. It's amazing to think that that effed up guy was me! I think that lots of folks with some good sober time will tell that no matter how bad you are, you can get better. No one is a lost cause and it's never too late to improve your situation so long as you're on the green side of the lawn.

Thanks to all my SR peeps! Especially in the beginning you folks picked up me and carried me when I couldn't take another step alone. I'll never forget that. Hopefully I can pay that forward to folks just starting this journey towards a sober life.

I've been pretty busy with work as of late so I haven't been here as much as normal, but I do try to log in quick every day. I appreciate you guys! And remember sobriety isn't always easy but it's always worth it.