View Single Post
Old 10-17-2018, 09:15 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
SeekingAdvice18
Goal #1: Day 30

Always Failing :(

Hi All,

I signed up under a different username because I'm embarrassed that I keep struggling with the same issue year after year. I signed up in 2015 and swore I'd stay sober, but I can't seem to resist the wine when I'm bored, lonely, or stressed.

It was suggested to me (on this site) to make a plan but I can't seem to stick to my plan. I've also been told I'm making excuses to drink, but the only thing that seems to keep me sober is if I'm dating someone or in a relationship. (I hate to admit that but it's true!)

So, are there any singles out there that feel my pain? I'm single, in my 30's, and never married with no children. A lot of my friends are married with kids and tell me I should enjoy my "stress-free" life, but I don't feel stress-free. I feel alone--despite having friends--so I turn to wine which is definitely not the answer.

Does anyone have any words of advice? I've tried new hobbies, going out to meet new people, going to the gym, running, etc. Nothing seems to work, as I'm easily bored and end up drinking if I don't have a SO around when I get home.