View Single Post
Old 10-17-2018, 11:36 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
thousandwords53

On the other side!!!

Hello everyone.

I haven't posted or been active much lately- but to those who may remember me (and supported me when I was stuck)- My divorce was final one week ago!!!

spent some time reading my old posts. No more. NO MORE.

It was a long road of ups and downs and almost settling the divorce many times -I was naive enough to think it would have been over much sooner- However, that extra time dealing with him only cemented into my brain just how right I was for getting us out of that situation. THEY WILL NEVER CHANGE.

The kids are thriving and growing and excelling in school and just in life, their personalities shine and they sing in the car. Oldest DS, moved to junior high and adjusted so well, his studies have improved tremendously from the struggle of previous years. We all enjoy living back with my parents, this past weekend we welcomed a rescue dog to our pack - we are all in love. This is something we could never do, as the chaos and narc type behavior in the home used to scare animals .

ExAh has moved on to a new supply and they are more than likely getting married soon as possible. He continues to be emotionally damaging to the children, although he will claim it's parenting differences. It's really about his own agenda - everyone else around him is just there for the ride. Clearly I can see now, that I could have left 100,000 times differently and 10 years sooner- the outcome would be the same- I have worked through the guilt of staying longer than necessary, it hurts to know that "I" was never really that important. just the control over me.

Over the summer I was able to triple my salary and gained new employment with a very rewarding company. We camped and explored at our leisure, played and laughed and took our time to get home. I keep myself busy with health and fitness and art. My fiends have been whittled down to a handful (collateral damage of divorce/reflection on "my crowd" as well), and I have survived a few blind dates, enjoying myself again and overall I would say-Life is good!!!

It feels amazing to be finally free
Can't thank you all here enough, wanted to update