View Single Post
Old 10-16-2018, 04:14 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
orderfororder

Man, these days are getting long. Ironic, because the sun is starting to set earlier.

Things that I thought happened yesterday only happened this morning. I suppose that's a good thing, though. I guess I just always feel guilty if I'm not using time "productively." When I went on a drinking binge, I could make a week feel like a day, and although there was almost no productivity (and often the opposite), I didn't feel the time, so I didn't feel the guilt.

It's true: I don't have a drinking problem, I have a thinking problem.

On the other hand, my thoughts have been fairly stable. Usually, I experience a lot of highs and lows in early sobriety, and while there have been lows here and there, I have managed to keep myself on a steady rock. The things I have been attempting this time around, yoga and cooking new things, both have a sense of meditation to them and I think it is helping with my overall wellbeing.

Anytime I sense a familiar feeling or thought pattern, I question it and try to reframe it, look at things in a new way. Surely not all of those feelings or patterns are "bad", but I don't trust my old ways, understandably. And it's a good exercise in perspective, anyway.

When I wake up tomorrow, I will have been sober for a week, although it has felt much longer. I wonder if there is a point where I will be both sober and feel that time is moving too fast. That would feel like some kind of success, I think.