View Single Post
Old 10-14-2018, 11:28 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Giggler4life

Day 3! I made it all weekend, I think the worst of the withdrawal might be over. Haven't felt on the verge of a panic attack since yesterday afternoon and with a clear mind it was a lot easier to calm myself down. I keep telling myself that if I don't go back to the booze then this is the last time I will ever have to feel like this. I'm trying to burn every uncomfortable moment into my memory so I can call on it when I think about throwing sobriety away. However the better I feel the more distant the worst of this has become.

Looking back on the panic, anxiety and heart thumping that I felt only 4 days ago, it seems like it was much longer ago.

I remember coming to SR in the past and feeling jealous to the point of resentment at all of you. You're already on the other side of quitting, how nice and wonderful your lives must be while I'm here rationing my last 7 beers to make sure they get me to bedtime.

I am so thankful now. Thankful that this forum exists, thankful for the support and inspiration that is abundant here. Thankful that I was able to take that jealousy and turn it into positive change.

Everything I come across here, good or bad, triumphs or fails, motivates me and makes me feel so grateful. Thank you all, truly!