View Single Post
Old 10-14-2018, 10:19 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
ElizabethGrace

Originally Posted by dandylion View Post
OK......I did not know this new information....I failed to read past threads, and only went by this one...…
Considering this, "new" to me, information.....I amend my comments, lol....
I now, suggest, strongly, that Elizabeth go to alanon for herself (but, it wouldn't hurt to at least ask her dad to go---the worst that can happen is that he says "no". She could also, ask him to ride with her, and go to the AA meeting across the hall, while she attends alanon. Again, the worst that can happen is that he would say "no".

I tend to be an insufferable optimist...and, I have seen miracles happen...in some cases....

I think the Serenity Prayer might apply, just now...lol

As long as I am correcting myself....I failed to say that another group that I think would help Elizabeth, in addition to alanon, is Adult Children of Alcoholics (ACOA)…..Elizabeth qualifies, in spades, I think....In addition, the literature for ACOA is available on amazon.com...…
Having both parents involved in addiction has to have had profound impact on Elizabeth's life.....

thanks for sharing the additional information....
Thanks Dandylion, I love the fact you are an optimist and thanks for the Serenity Prayer. I will take a look at ACOA ,there are 2 meetings near me. I never realised that so many other people are going through this.

Yep my life hasn't always been a bed of roses but I have to interject at this point that for 30 wonderful years I had really fabulous Grandparents that were amazing and supportive and I think without them I may well have been a very different person. In fact in the last year I have come to the realisation that they were in fact my parents and I never quite grieved accordingly.