Thread: Birthday
View Single Post
Old 10-14-2018, 06:53 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
DeeLiz

Originally Posted by Atlast9999 View Post
It’s my birthday weekend and of course the gang wanted to get together. Most are my old drinking buddies, hubby’s current drinking buddies. A couple are good friends of mine, who also happen to drink.

We went to a bar because I didn’t want the party at my house. I didn’t drink. I ate dinner, drank pop and water, and actually had a fun time, until the end.

I was ready to go and of course the drinking buddies wanted to come back home with us and keep the party going. I told hubby he could do whatever he wanted but I would be going to bed. He realized thankfully that was a bad idea and told them no.

That’s when two of the drinking buddies called me over and told me that I really needed to start drinking again because I am way to lame.

I just walked away. Hubby spent some time still talking, apparently smoothing things over. I’m just so very annoyed.

I know they are my former drinking buddies and and I should have seen this coming but until now they have been respectful of my choice to not drink.

I’m just annoyed. Slightly hurt as to where I stand in their eyes, even though I know it’s their issue, not mine.

Ugh! That is all.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY! I am proud of you for handling it the right way. Drinking is definitely their burden not yours. Remember when you used to drink? Well, if you were like me, I used to be your friends. I wouldn’t take it too personal, they were just doing what drunks do lol. I am glad you are where you want to be today and are moving forward to a better (no hangover) tomorrow. Feliz Cumpleaños!!!!!!!

~Dee