View Single Post
Old 10-11-2018, 06:39 PM
  # 263 (permalink)  
Sylvan92

Hey team,

Just wanted to check in after a few days. Tonight was quite a test hanging with a group that usually drinks a few beers in moderation. I was able to make it through without them questioning me which was nice.

Nights like tonight were never really my problem, but I do not need to slide down the slippery slope. In past attempts at moderation, tonight would have been a non-issue, maybe have a couple beers and head home. The issues for me always occurred on the weekends/special occasions, but always started when I could tell myself “well you did fine only having a couple during the week, you’ll be fine on the weekend.” Often times I was right and the weekend would be uneventful... fast forward a month or two and there would be a massive drinking binge followed by a few days of anxiety. That is why I’m here. Those spells of anxiety and shame spiraling were miserable. Never worth the “fun” that gave rise to them.

Helps to have a place like this just to vent a little and realize that I’m not the only one who was not in control. So thank you to everyone who posts.

Have a good, strong weekend everyone.

Sylvan