Old 10-10-2018, 03:56 AM
  # 223 (permalink)  
JimiC

That's a lot of awesome shows OOTT. I had a great sober time at The Eagles last night. They gave homage to the late Glenn Frey and his son Deacon sang his songs perfectly. The band showed gratitude to their fans and were able to make the concert feel very intimate. Joe Walsh is the man and can still shred that guitar.

Aly, CYH, IWTA- I'm real proud of you and it's wonderful to see you all staying strong and sober (I think I forgot at least one classmate who doesn't post too often)

I was listening to Soundgarden yesterday at work and Fell on Black Days came on (early demo virgin) which is one of my favorites.

Whatsoever I've feared has come to life
Whatsoever I've fought off became my life
Just when everyday seemed to greet me with a smile
Sunspots have faded and now I'm doing time
Now I'm doing time
'Cause I fell on black days
I fell on black days

I'm doing ok, but I know where I'm headed if I let alcohol creep further and further back into my life. I last drank on Sunday while we were away in New Hampshire. During the four hour drive home on Monday I was thinking about drinking in general and whether or not I should drink again that day. Even thought about taking an extra day off from work (AV). The phrase "the obsession lifted" came to my mind and I believe it's something I've read on here from AA. So yeah, I've had a few good times recently while drinking but it's not worth it. The alcoholic mind will always be there and abstinence is a no-brainier. Well I just wanted to get that off my chest, peace and love!