View Single Post
Old 10-08-2018, 05:07 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  
kenton

Lately, I've been wondering about my AV. It's been very quiet for a while now. And that makes me nervous. And I was right to be nervous because my AV is back.. In disguise. With new ammunition. This is the conversation I just had with it:

AV: Look at how much better your life is now.
ME: Yes, everything is so much better now.
AV: Imagine if you'd stopped drinking earlier.
ME: What do you mean?
AV: Well, you're doing much better at work now, aren't you?
ME: Yes
AV: Imagine how well you'd be doing if you'd stopped drinking years ago.
ME: Ok, but at least I stopped drinking when I did
AV: Yes, but think about how well you could be doing. If you'd been climbing up the career ladder instead of getting drunk, you could be the near the top now
ME: But I'm happy with my career. I'm happy where I am.
AV: I'm just saying. People younger than you are higher up the ladder... earning more money. They probably didn't spend so much time drunk.
ME: No, they probably didn't. Good luck to them. Anyway, my career isn't the most important thing to me. My family is what matters most.
AV: Yeah, and isn't your family life better now?
Me: So much better.
AV: Imagine how much better your family life would be if you'd stopped drinking earlier....

SHUT UP AV!!! I see you and I see what you're trying to do. You will not undermine me or my achievements. I'm proud of who I am and the lessons I've learned. So, go get another disguise. This one isn't working.

So glad you're feeling better today Suze and it's wonderful to see you again Plenny. Hope you're ok. 24 more for me please xxxx