View Single Post
Old 10-07-2018, 12:23 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
courage2
p***enger

^^^I agree. But in his/her case, not even the carpenter/user is the problem, it's something abstract.

MindfulMan, I fully appreciate what you say about psychedelics. However, I've known way too many people who used that argument as a gateway to mental destruction. People who thought they could doctor themselves.

Therefore even when there's truth in what you write I can never read it without remembering the kid who medicized himself based on a theory about jimsonweed and last time I saw him he was drooling at my feet, the guy who tried to hang himself on acid and claimed it made him sane, the psychedelic-head who says he's treating himself to intensify his understanding of himself as a god-wolf, and all the people who have wasted their youth on ecstasy.

Yes, they are abusing, not using under medical management. But many of them use the "it's scientific" argument to justify and promote their use to others.

Sorry for the long post, and sorry that my experience on this one sickens me to a point of passion.

I saw the best minds of my generation destroyed by madness