View Single Post
Old 10-03-2018, 10:32 PM
  # 80 (permalink)  
Wood4trees2018

Day 18 - My first ever drinking dream. It was new year and my birthday wrapped into one. Something tipped me over to wanting a drink [ unfortunately I can’t remember that bit ]. I kept sneaking beers into the fridge but when I went to get them my family had taken them out. Was trying to work out a way to get them chilled without anyone knowing then I woke up. Lots of non drinking sub plots with various people from my past. Not sure to be happy or sad I didn’t get drunk in my dream.

October 4th classmates I AM happy to say I am also still sober in real life. Wishing you all a super day. I have a challenge today that I always go to the pub after work on a Thursday with my boss, we just have a couple of pints then I come home and finish the job alone. I’ve managed to skip the last 2 Thursdays not sure I am going to be able to today and I’m not ready to come clean about where I am with my drinking. That’s a few hours away so I have some time to work out a plan!

What’s your motivation to be here? Mine is I think I deserve a better future and I won’t get that drinking so am kind of looking at gaining something new rather than losing the beer.

Pinky I drank my way out of my marriage, I loved my wife I tried to stop but I was stopping for her not for me. As Hawk said its repairable and it doesn’t sound though it’s too late for you yet. I know I could have saved my marriage but sadly I must have loved alcohol more than my wife and I truely did love her. Stop for yourself find your own reasons and your husband will also reap the benefits. I wish you well.