View Single Post
Old 10-02-2018, 05:53 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Gilmer

Today was great. My brother-in-law and sister-in-law just had my husband and me plus our middle son to dinner with them and their six kids.

It was a blast! Afterwards we sat on the porch and had conversation with donuts and cigars.

I had half a donut, but no cigar this time: I'm realizing that I need to just cut the cord and give them up. That time a couple weeks ago when I couldn't fully inflate my lungs and sleep would have been impossible without oxygen sort of helped me read the writing on the wall.

Cigars are not my friend.

Yes, it grieves me--but I had a great time with everybody anyway.

The youngest, who tripped over something on the yard, went ballistic and started flailing away at his brother when he said, "Don't step on the donuts..." He threw a massive, massive raging tantrum, lashing out at every family member plus all of his toys, that took an hour to calm down from.

This over something relatively minor. Earlier in the day he was running down the sidewalk and totally faceplanted, and he didn't make a peep!

I guess that was the difference between 4 pm and 7 pm!

All was copacetic in the home by the time we left.

When we left it was before 8, but it felt to me like 10! Evenings are so dark now. Right now it's not even nine, but I feel like it's midnight!