View Single Post
Old 10-01-2018, 04:38 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
2018LizAnon

An interesting observation/experience

I went to a friend’s wedding this weekend. It was outside and got a bit cold and three of my male friends (strictly friends) offered their jackets. I had a super fun time talking and dancing with another male friend (strictly a friend). We were all drinking, but no one was out of control. We stayed until the end of the wedding, then went out to a bar afterwords (still everyone was in control). I could have gotten home myself, but my friend insisted on giving me a ride back to my apartment. No strings attached, nothing expected, just being a friend. Huh.

What I realized was that the whole time I was dating my ex, never once did I have a night like this. Never once was there a time where we went out and I could have a good time and not worry about whether or not he would be coherent at the end of the night or how we would get home. I couldn’t relax and enjoy the evening, because he’d always take it way to far if I wasn’t monitoring. Or even if I was, he’d find a way to sneak drinks. I can’t even imagine staying at a wedding until midnight and then going out the bar after and him not being a total ****show. I can’t imagine him caring if I was cold or not, especially after he started drinking. I can’t imagine being able to have a conversation with him at the end of the night. I can’t imagine him driving us back home at the end of the night. I can’t imagine HIM taking care of ME.

What is this where men who are just friends that I am not dating and am not interested in dating are making sure that I’m comfortable, and having a fun time, and that I get home ok???

How we settle for crumbs indeed.