Old 10-01-2018, 05:02 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  
Hawkeye13

Originally Posted by Free2bme888 View Post
Hawkeye. Are you still with your wife?

I know it changes things when their drinking partner is involuntarily taken away
I'm still married and my spouse's drinking has greatly reduced. I actually have more problems with temptation from his more moderate drinking and I wish he'd stop all together as sometimes I want to join him and do, which is something I'm trying to fix on my quest for permanent sobriety.
However, we were married over a decade before the issues really got serious, so I think we had a foundation to build on. It sounds like your parnter's drinking has been an issue from the onset--you have to really decide if that is a foundation you want to build you life and future on.
Drinking only gets worse if they don't quit. This may be as good as it gets.

I think not having a drinking spouse would be easier for me, but I realize I make the choice and can't blame anyone for relapsing but me. I got nearly two full years of sobriety before, and I am going to get there.
The honest truth is, however, that early sobriety is a really fragile time and it is so easy to fall back into bad habits, so put yourself first here.