Old 09-27-2018, 02:41 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Freedom1990

Originally Posted by spookyboo22 View Post
It's such a shame.
It's the first time in ages I've liked anyone.
Oh Well x
When my ex-fiance walked out on me in '99, I made the decision that there would be no more marriages/relationships/dating until I did some serious soul-searching. It had to have been 15 years later when I had some experiences with dating.

The one fellow was 2 years sober, everyone liked him, and I enjoyed his company. However, at the end of the day, I was glad to come home. I didn't have a burning desire to jump into a relationship, move in with him, have sex with him right away, nothing! Now that was progress for me. Guess what? He ended up relapsing, and I was so glad that things really didn't pan out for us anyway.

The second fellow was a former two-fisted drinker who had to quit drinking due to almost dying from pancreatitis. Everything was about him. He invited me out for Valentine's Day, and that will forever be imprinted in my mind as the Valentine's Day from hell!

The point is I have made tremendous progress in working on myself, and so have you. Give yourself some credit! Proud of you, gal. Sending hugs of support from Kansas!