Old 09-26-2018, 12:29 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
dandylion
Community Greeter

Spooky......if you are really interested in this subject of why we are attracted to certain people....and, want to delve into it....I suggest that you read up on Imago Theory...which was first put forth by Harville Hendrix, Ph.D. He is well known in the field of psychology and has written many books....
It is very interesting and thought provoking stuff....
You can find his books on amazon.com (type in "Imago Theory and attraction")...
I read a lot about it, several years ago...and I found it very revealing and accurate, as relating to me...

There was a time, back in my dating life that one could draw a profile of the "type" that I was attracted to....Like atalose said...my antenna could pick the one out of a room of 300 men...lol....
Now...I know why...and, by the way, I recognize that that type is not good for me, in the long run.....

The "twist", as explained in Imago Theory is that we are attracted to a set of positive and Negative attributes (based on the significant people in our lives, as we were growing up)....and, it is the Negative ones that are the most important and the ones that get us into the most trouble...lol....