View Single Post
Old 09-25-2018, 03:19 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Theprince

Originally Posted by AAPJ View Post
For me personally I find that having a full time job makes sobriety easier. There is a lot of truth in the saying:

"Idleness is the workshop of the devil".

For example, I have heard several guys in my local AA group tell us that their drinking really took off when they retired.

That said I realize that for others quitting work is a necessary component of their recovery. Seems particularly true if the job environment involves alcohol. Another guy in my AA group quit his job in the restaurant industry to help him get sober. He's now a home improvement contractor.

So I guess in the end I have don't know if quitting work is a good idea for you. But I would discuss it a bit more with your spouse. If you surprised her with an announcement that you were going to quit working w/o consulting her I can see why she is not happy with your decision.
rationally I totally agree with you.

However, Saturday I could have easily plunged a blade into me as I was so disappointed in how things unravelled. however, I didn't and went forward with the job and monday night I drank and went out and done coke. After swearing that my life mission was now set in stone. And rationallity goes out the window. I just wanted to give up on life.

I told her she could have my cards and I also told her if she needed to move i would help her. I actually told her that while I'm there I would put her in charge of my income (i'll still have money coming in).

I told her she can leave too and I would still look after her