View Single Post
Old 09-25-2018, 03:06 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Theprince

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
Hi Theprince - Welcome

is your other half your wife?

She may feel that she should have been consulted more before you made the choice, or that you considered the financial repercussions - I dunno.

If I read correctly the choice is made anyway - so back your decision.

its a bold choice but if you can really work on your recovery it's a choice that will pay dividends.

what kind of professional help are you going for?

D
Thank you so much. I guess unofficial wife. Together a long time.

Good comment as I know that communication has been an issue. So that did make me pause and think. We were supposed to sit down at the weekend and discuss communication if that means anything (my idea). She's very very sensitive so everything is a direct hit on her.

the program is group therapy. the impose a load of limitations on you (for example you must go to bed before midnight and you must be up by eight. you've got to clean and mop the bathroom and make your bed and clean the bedroom every day. you the addict must set the table and clear the table and wash up on every meal....

there's more, but basically you go to group every day and you've got to say if you have missed any of your responsabilities or you have jumped any of your limits. then the others have to confront you and you can't say anything...

that's the first stage!