View Single Post
Old 11-02-2005, 10:51 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
ASpouse

Whoa back up here! I didn't say she couldn't be learning to be co-dependent of course anyone at any age can be co-dependent if they have a good example to follow and are made up that way.

I'm just saying that Emily's daughter has chosen her father over doing things with her mother many times before, as posted previously. The father and grandparents bribe her with gifts etc as also was previously posted.

The point is, to have Emily appear fair, as a parent, she should be calm and "talk" to her daughter, making her "think" she is making the decision of staying and that Emily will accept that. Someday this child will need her mother and if Emily keeps an "open door" policy, ie; you can always trust me to come and talk to me about anything, type of thing, it will work much more than saying "you are coming with me" and having a whining/crying/manipulative child with her all weekend long. Yuck ..... me, I'd rather her stay home with her father and grandparents IF that is what she chose to do. I am doubtful that her life is in any danger, whereas Emily's might be if she takes the child against her will, at least when she returned.

Did I explain that properly?