View Single Post
Old 09-22-2018, 07:39 AM
  # 147 (permalink)  
ODAATCAT

Tony, you belong here, with the rest of us, regardless of where we are on the sobriety chart at the moment. My past relapses kept me from coming back to SR for months, even years, probably out of shame or my injured pride, but you called me out and I did come back out of the shadows, breaking my self-imposed solitary confinement history. And if I can break the MO, so can you. I’m calling you back Tony, I need you here. I’m intrigued by your deep and profound thoughts on so many levels, and your willingness to discuss them.

Tony, don’t let this slip pull you down. You’ve already resigned to drinking today; I get that. Get it out of your system and come back for the real battle. Seriously, I too drank wine yesterday, knowing that it’s probably the lamest thing I should be doing now while I await testing to either confirm or rule out breast cancer. So, don’t beat yourself up for giving into the desire to numb your emotions, I DO UNDERSTAND.

Chin up Tony, you are human, and we all make mistakes or choices that may not be in our best interest. But the glory of it is that we can also choose to put down the bottle, dust ourselves off, and come back fighting.

I’m posting this in the class thread instead of PM, knowing you may be reading, but not logging in; been there, done that.

Sending love and cyber hugs your way!