View Single Post
Old 09-22-2018, 05:43 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Aardvajk

Congratulations on your success so far and yes, the one-day-at-a-time advice is probably the single most useful thing you'll ever hear in recovery.

The physical symptoms are likely to pass in a week or so but if you have any concerns at all, please seek professional medical advice if you can. I have experienced quite severe jerky movements in early sobriety in the passed which past with some time, but if you can, best to get some proper advice on this.

I wouldn't place too much hope in your ideas about reverting to "normal" drinking in a few months. If you are anything like me and the other alcoholics I know, you'll find it soon sneaks back up again. I picked up after well over six years without a drop of alcohol and I was daily drinking again within a week and it took me eight months to stop.

Best to just focus on not drinking today really. Once you get through withdrawal, you are no less sober today then you will be in a week, or a year, or a decade. But those days will take care of themselves.

Best of luck and keep posting.