View Single Post
Old 09-22-2018, 01:58 AM
  # 68 (permalink)  
MantaLady
Ocean Lover!

Morning weekenders!

Kaytea - congrats on reaching your 30 milestone yesterday, way to go!
LHW - really happy to hear your social event went well and you go through it sober, I had every faith that you would!
Wood4trees - first sober Saturday! Woohoo, it gets better so keep it up!

Kev - Like Free I am glad you posted about your dating experience and thoughts too, I can so relate. I would always move too quicky and that was always down to alcohol, I'd get drunk and the person would seem like the most suitable mate ever and once I had sobered up I would realise it wasn't the reality. I too looked for other broken souls to connect with as thought that would give us a strong common bond but it never worked out well. I have been single and not dating for at least 3 years now. I looked at my past relationships and also wondered what the bond was, what was really special about them and the truth is they were all for the wrong reasons. I am so wary now that I just have stopped looking lol. I had always been pretty co-dependent on my partners and could never stay single for long. Having a few years of just being on my own and learning to be comfortable being single has definately made a difference in how I view potential dates and I don't go jumping in feet first anymore. xx