View Single Post
Old 09-21-2018, 08:46 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  
Verdantia

Hey, Sophie! Congratulations on a week, and I totally get the exercise thing.
When I was at rehab nearly three years ago I'd just wrecked my car in a brutal accident and was suffering the effects of a serious head injury with balance problems; I started staggering down the exercise track at smoke breaks and using the stationary bikes in the gym and by the time I left the 28-day program I was jogging--my fellows cheered as I ran by with my fist pumping like it was the Olympics--I was going so slow you could time me with a sundial, but still it was a turning point for me.
Since I totaled my car and can't afford (and don't really need) one at the moment I ride my bike everywhere. I was an avid cyclist before but of course booze gets in the way of every healthy, wholesome endeavor. Now my body is transformed; I lost 80 lbs in the past 2 years, 9 months and I am lean and healthy. I ride an average of 15 miles a day as a commuter and go for fun rides whenever I can. I also practice yoga and attend classes twice a week. I am 58 years old and can't remember ever feeling any better. Sobriety rocks!