View Single Post
Old 09-21-2018, 06:57 AM
  # 104 (permalink)  
SuzesSobriety

So indulge me while I do some rounds. I need to get back to into my groove here.

Zoey, so I love the volunteering and keeping busy keeps Zoey on the straight and narrow. It inspired me as did your list of all the reasons why you are better sober. I need to do mine because I will forget and I need that reminder. I thought of you on my trip. Based on your comment that restaurants are triggers and thinking of my trip I was thinking, ooooh, that might be hard. And then whiz bam, you canceled your trip! Way to prioritize your sobriety and know yourself there, lady. Protecting all those lovely sobriety perks. Is that okay? Do you feel good about it? If you can get away with it and you feel that was the right thing, I am so, so impressed. You will be so much stronger later. That would have been long and hard. Well done.

Red, is this a different cultural thing that you keep going to pubs? When you posted that you were having a hard time and next thing you were at a pub, I assumed that meant you slipped. That is an odd combo. I hope you are feeling stronger and glad you got through it, but oy vey you make me nervous.

JT, I wish I had seen your post about futility etc. earlier and had been there to be more supportive. I am glad you are feeling better. I am curious whether it is work related to some extent. I read your posts about what you are going through and it sounds like a lot of weight on your shoulders. I know you are a strong leader and business owner and it permeates your posts, but that doesn't make it easy. I am guessing this is not something that eases up in the near future?

Darkling, have I mentioned how even your name now stimulates calm in me. You always have this solid support and words that resonate with me. Anyhow, I am not a gym person. At all. I will say the streaming app DailyBurn is relatively cheap and has such a wide range. Simple mobility stuff and walking and yoga. Regardless, I am more focused on getting in touch with what my body can do and get healthier and stronger and some of those made me feel powerful inside and out.

QuitNow, you sound so good! I am so happy you told a friend. When I read your post I thought about how with more time we are seeing things more and more clearly and analytically. I am glad she was supportive and you took that step.

Mike, you sound great. I got a personal trainer that I use from time to time...but in private sessions in her private studio. I don't think for me it is so much a new routine. It is hard to change those (you guys may not know this, but changing habits is hard...shhhh). As someone who wasn't a gym person when I was younger, it is very strange culture to have tried to jump in now. And by the way, you sound stronger than when I left, well done.

Bekind, Tony had summed it up best about the most suitable name on SR. I love that.

Ayers, goodness when I read back here to catch up you are just so uplifting and spirited and so obviously rooting for everyone. I loved Naked Mind. For those of you in the UK, I love the expression about the penny dropping. It is an odd one, but it is all over...what is that, Alan Carr book Easy way to stop drinking. I listened to that audio book and he must say "the penny drops" a hundred times. Regardless, sounds like you are seeing very clearly the alcohol marketing piece.

Hills, sounds like you have a solid plan. Rock on. Mine was close this weekend. I missed. Good luck with the reunion and we will be here if you need a boost.

David, I love that you are posting more and that you jumped in when things were quiet to give back. I love your posts and your reservedness. I love the blend of personalities here. Nice to see you trucking along and glad it is going well.

Bonnie, yeah 60 days! See, that is a reason to keep track of milestones so that you can celebrate with a burger. You sound joyous.

Barbs, I am sure your son is amazing and this is such a joyous time in all of your lives. But three!? Isn't the first one what made you relapse or something back in the day or am I blending stories? Well, how great will it be to finish out the trifecta sober. I am thinking of something from classic literature, but can't get it, but it is something about three and parties. When is it? This weekend? Sorry, I can't tell.

Bob, glad you are enjoying atkins. I know sugar can be addicting. I am glad you feel good about your plan.

StartingOver, I am glad you are well and I agree that not only do I get more done, but I spend less time thinking about getting it done. Are you still enjoying your meetings and sponsor?

Alice, thanks for checking in. What a joyous post. Glad your kids are enjoying this as much as you are. Meant to say, I love your avatar. SweetP, you too. You are rocking it and also inspired by how you are sharing this with your husband and where you go from here. Beautiful.

Think I am sort of up to date. Sorry if I missed anyone and sorry for the threads I may have missed while I was gone. Glad to be back in the swing.