View Single Post
Old 11-02-2005, 06:24 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
emily33

My seven year old daughter

I am trying not to take things so personal. It is not my fault that my H doesnt want to go with me, it is not because of me. It is because of his disease.

Because my H isnt going, my youngest daughter who is seven, requested to stay home with her daddy for the weekend, instead of go with me.

I know my daughter would be fine, if my H drinks, he will have mummy come over and take care of her, or will suggest that she goes and spends the night over there, so he can be free to do as he pleases.

I am angry and upset my daughter doesnt want to go with me, I have been planning this for a month now, I even bought her the hoodie for the game, and she would rather stay home with daddy cause she would miss him. If my H didnt choose to stay home, than my daughter would have no options, she would just go.

My question is am I wrong to make her go????? Do I need to get over myself and my hurt and let her stay home with him???? Because he isnt choosing to participate in this family event, should I give her the option to stay home. I wanted all of us to go and have fun and relax and visit with my sister, go swimming at the hotel, go to lake michigan, go to a couple hockey games, visit with other kids and parents that are going.

I feel my family is segrating yet again, my youngest daughter staying home with daddy and granny, and me and my two older kids going to lake michigan.

I want to make my youngest daughter go, I want to tell her this is a family event, and just because daddy isnt going doesnt mean you cant go. How do I do that???

My H is consoling her lastnight because she was whimpering she didnt want to go, she would miss daddy and he was telling her she could stay home with him.
I am having a very hard time with this