View Single Post
Old 09-19-2018, 12:44 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  
JustTony

Originally Posted by matrac View Post
My performance review will be interesting to me this year. How have the rest of you fared at work?
The quality and consistency of my work is so much better when I am sober that it borders on embarrassing when I look back. My job has been so stressful of late and I honestly would not have been able to cope if I had still been drinking. What's more embarrassing is that those closest to me at work (who know I drink too much) have commented on it...

Originally Posted by bobdrop View Post
Good morning all. Day 35 here. Will get back later about Atkins, but it's been rough.
Bob - I have done the Atkins diet on a few occasions - and yes you can definitely lose weight. I also know more than I want to know about diabetes due to situations in my family. I'm not allowed to give medical advice but this isn't the way I would counter diabetes if I was in your position. It's also not the way I have gone about losing 18 pounds in seven weeks.

Originally Posted by DarklingSong View Post
Now middle aged, I would be mortified going to a gym (I am utterly unfit and about a stone overweight).
A lot of people know me in my gym. I have been in a variety of 'shapes' over the last few years depending on how much I am drinking. When I get out of shape I always feel far too self conscious to go back to the gym until I have lost half a stone or more from walking my faithful pooch for miles on end (two to three times a day) and watching my diet religiously. But you know what? Every time I end up going back to the gym nobody looks at me. Nobody actually cares. The place is NOT full of people that work out that don't look like they need to work out (lol). There are all shapes, sizes and ranges of fitness. Please reconsider joining a gym and investing in a PT like Mike. You will NEVER regret it - I promise you.

Originally Posted by Red78 View Post
One thing I wanted to ask everyone was, what are the physical differences you notice now that you aren't drinking? I notice that the bags under my eyes arent half way down my face lol very thankful for that.
Face is a 'normal' colour. Eyes brighter. Tongue is pink and healthy (not a weird, opaque, milky, lumpy slab of flesh). Skin has a healthy glow and retains moisture. No shaking. Less anxiety and jumpiness. More even tempered. Laugh lines as opposed to frown lines are more prominent.

WHY THE HELL DO WE DRINK?????????????????