View Single Post
Old 09-19-2018, 06:50 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Incognito1

0 logged days yet and struggling

Just having a reallly hard time with all this. I’m capable of holding a job, family, and relationship. That sort of alcoholic. But I don’t want to be. My husband and I enjoy going to brewery’s together and stuff like that. He just about never drinks, but giving up the social part of it is what I don’t like. However, trying to see myself not picking up another drink is really hard. I don’t want it to be a problem, I want to be normal like him where I can have one beer every couple weeks and be satisfied. But I’m pretty sure that’s not realistic for me. So I’m having a hard time coming to terms with that. I have naltrexone which I loathe because of all the side effects. It sort of works for me though. Had two tall drinks last night, but needing support because I said last night I wouldn’t either, and I did. If there is a future where I can be balanced, cool. But I need to at least get a few months under my belt before I feel that bridge out, and I’m having a hell of a time getting even a day under my belt.
Any input is welcome.
Thanks!