View Single Post
Old 09-18-2018, 11:42 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Ayers

Sorry about that double post.

Alice: one of your previous posts refers:

I wonder if alcoholics tend to suffer from increased emotions? Maybe we feel too much?
I remembered something JT posted recently and went looking for it. I think he nailed the question to your answer,

I think our ability to ‘see things’ for what they are... the internalisation of injustice, pain, lost potential, fear, grief, ambition, shame, love, lust, fantasy, reality.... and many more things that get us mentally ‘in touch’ with ourselves is a common trait within substance abusers. We ‘drown out’ the inner noise with our drug of choice.

Far from being lost causes I think we are the opposite. I think we display vastly more potential than a lot of other people. It seems like a grossly immodest and self serving take on things to say “we are so emotionally bright that we chose alcohol” - or to use another well known sentiment “intelligence is a curse” - but that’s what I see on here and is honestly what I believe. That’s not an excuse to drink again by the way. I’m simply seeking causation and correlation factors that we share with each other during my hour of mindfulness and reflection