View Single Post
Old 09-17-2018, 01:11 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
tomtom1978

New to this. 2 weeks Sober

Hello,

I'd like to join in with the forum if that's OK? I've been reading it for the last two weeks and found it to be an amazing help.

My story

I've always drunk every day since I was a teenager. I'm 40 now. It was just an evening thing until my business went on a downhill spiral about 5 years ago. Long boring story about my business but it was very painful. The responsibility of trying to keep 10 employees in work and feed my family just became too much.
I started daytime drinking and then morning drinking and have managed to do this all this time without getting caught (I think?).
I'm a really bad liar but somehow I've kept this from everybody. One trick with my wife is to hide wine outside and then have an excuse to go out like to empty the bins and then swap bottles.
Anyway my health and appearance are really starting to suffer and after a heavy bing two weeks ago after my wife went to bed, I woke up and decided enough was enough. The guilt of spending our money on booze instead of on my family plus the fact I'm killing myself and will leave my children fatherless has become too much.
I'm feeling really strong mentally and will do this. I've had all the physical symptoms tremors, nightmares and waking seeing things in my bedroom, sickness etc etc, but the urge to pick up the bottle has been surprisingly easy to avoid.
I've done it all on my own as I feel to ashamed to tell my family, so I'm hoping you guys will listen to me.
My business is doing much better now and hopefully so will I.
Many thanks for reading
Tom