View Single Post
Old 09-17-2018, 10:28 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
alwayscovering

AND a giant leap backwards

I feel like I've made some good progress and I am going to meetings. However, I couldn't stop myself from doing all the bad things I was doing before.

Saturday, I came home to stepson(16) and AH at each others throats. I intervened and sent SS to his room and made AH stay outside on the patio.

AH tried to come at me and I lost it. I just couldn't hold it together. I told him he wants to come at me with hateful words, fine, I don't believe anything he says anyway. But he is not going to do it to the kids.

While I agree that my stepson is ridiculously lazy and it's easier to beat your head against a brick wall than it is to get him to do ANYTHING. I have accepted that this is a part of him being a teenager as well as crappy parenting from his mom and AH. You can't not enforce rules/chores/etc and then get mad when he doesn't abide by the rules or do any chores.

I said a lot of things I shouldn't have, I just couldn't stop.

I think my SS should have cut the grass when asked or take out the trash or whatever but I just don't think AH has the right to blow up at him when he doesn't do these things when he chooses not to have any rules for him.

I did apologize for the things I said. (You need AA, therapy, how are you doing to deal with the stress of being a cop when you can't deal with a pleasant encounter with you mom and sister (it's usually a horrible confrontation) without going on a 2-3 day bender? you get the point)