Thread: No More
View Single Post
Old 09-17-2018, 03:12 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Leelee168

Snickers, my “never again” day was in April. I know how you feel and I am glad that you told him to leave—that was not an easy thing for you to do.

Please get your locks changed ASAP so that he cannot get back into your home. Make your own safety the priority right now. Do not worry about him at all (and I know that will be very hard) as he does not care about you—he only cares about the substance(s) that he uses.

Abuse escalates and the fact that he has been physical is a good indicator that he will continue to be physical with you. Think about getting a protection order. Also understand that alcohol or other substances didn’t make him an abuser, so sobriety will not cure abuse; substances increase the violence and the frequency, he was always an abuser.

I know how overwhelmed you feel right now because I have been there. I always heard that there are “more people than you know who are willing to help you” and that part is true. It’s coming face-to-face with your own truth and where you are at this point that is difficult; get to that and you can begin to talk with others and accept their help.

I wish you well. Please be safe.