Thread: An official end
View Single Post
Old 09-15-2018, 09:50 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Smarie78

I am SO happy for you! I know the journey well and can relate so very much to what you say. It takes a while and you can know it in your head and you can try and keep trying, but until you are truly ready, only you can decide when it's time. I am proud of you for the growth and recognition that yes, you deserve so much more. You captured perfectly the sinking feeling of finding a stashed bottle or being the "slur" police watching every tiniest bit of a clue that he had been drinking. I recognize the pain of finding yet another condom wrapper or explicit message that let you know you were being cheated on. It's a very hard life to be the partner of a self-destructive person. But you can come out of it, just like he can, whenever you are ready.

Keep it going and enjoy your lovely little girl and your new lease on life. I learned that once I truly left, even if I kept poking around, when enough time passed, I could not go back. Life is too peaceful right now. Too serene. And while I still feel sadness for him at being such a broken man, I feel like you, that I deserve to have a little more in life. I hope. Keep going