View Single Post
Old 09-12-2018, 12:01 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Glenjo99

Originally Posted by trailmix View Post
Yes. You know, self-care isn't all about meetings and self awareness, it's also about being nice to yourself.

Are you? Are you nice to yourself? Do you speak nicely to yourself, do you do nice things for yourself like spend a day on the sofa reading a good book or binge watch a netflix series or buy yourself a piece of cake for dessert?

When is the last time you took a holiday for yourself, planned some sightseeing, even in your own town/city? Ever done a tour?

What do you do for fun?
You know what I've been better at being nice to myself the last couple of weeks because of all I'm learning about self love and self care. I buy cake a lot, I've a real chocolate sweet tooth. However this week I've been a bit stressed and feel like I'm regressing a bit. I'm ruminating a lot, doing my spiritual prayers and meditating but not having quite same affect, this head cold probably isn't helping either. I plan on watching some TV with junk food in bed early tonight as it's all I'm able for.

I know I'm being hard on myself, codependent self abuse, it's not going away without a fight, many fights it seems. I expect it's normal in recovery to have weeks that aren't as good as others.