Old 09-12-2018, 10:02 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Recoveralc

Unhappy Gut issues and constant muscle tension after quitting drinking

Hello, im new here, just made an account 5 minutes ago, I am currently just over 5 weeks sober after drinking the equivalent of a bottle of wine every night for several years. Sometimes it was a half pint of vodka, sometimes a 6 pack of beer, and sometimes a bottle of wine. Started when I was 21, but didnt become a problem until a few years later, I am now 27. My current issue is, after 5 weeks, I still have tension in my neck, occasional difficulty swallowing, constant tension in my right chest, if I lift my arm over my head I can feel it pulling in the chest muscle and armpit area, while its gotten somewhat better (i think?) its still there and is a problem, constant tension in both my hands, oddly its mostly in the thumb pads where i feel most of the tension. I also still have some gut issues too, I feel pressure and a dull ache in my mid back, more in the right side middle back. Ive had neuropathy ruled out by a neurologist after doing nerve conduction tests, MRI, and other tests i cant remember the names of. Ive also had an ultrasound of liver and kidneys as well as blood tests, according to the doctors my liver and kidneys are ok. Could I still be recovering and eventually these issues will go away? I want to be healthy and feel normal again, I want to start running and working out again but when I run the pressure gets worse and I have to stop and rest after about a mile when I know I could easily go much further if not for this pressure that becomes so uncomfortable. This aching pressure does kind of come and go, seems worse when I eat. I also tend to become quite bloated after eating and it does not matter what I eat, salad, burgars, healthy or unhealthy, I still become bloated. I also have tingling here and there in my hands with a mottled appearance that comes and goes minute to minute, this is also very concerning for me, I brought it up with the doctors, including neurologist, they hardly acknowledged it.